Apricot Upside-down Cake
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Preparation Time 50 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 1 cup All-purpose Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 pound Apricots (about 7 Medium Apricots), Pitted, Cut Into Half Inch Thick Slices
- 2 tablespoons PLANTERS Sliced Almonds
- 1 Egg
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place baking mix, granulated sugar, sour cream, egg, water and extract in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min.; set aside.
MELT butter in small saucepan on medium heat. Add brown sugar; cook 1 min. or until completely dissolved, stirring constantly. Pour into 9-inch round cake pan. Top with apricot slices; sprinkle with almonds. Cover with batter.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS