Crunchy Sweet Potato Oaties
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (Total Time 35 minutes)
- Serving Size: 25
- 1 can (29 oz.) Sweet Potatoes, Drained, Mashed
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 2-1/2 cups POST HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS Cereal, Coarsely Crushed
PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix sweet potatoes, flour, sugar, pecans, cinnamon and butter in large bowl. Stir in egg. (Mixture will be soft.)
PLACE cereal crumbs on large plate or in shallow dish. Drop rounded teaspoonful of the sweet potato mixture onto cereal; gently shape into ball while rolling in crumbs until evenly coated on all sides. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture and remaining crumbs.
BAKE 20 min. Serve warm. Or, cover and refrigerate to serve chilled. Store any leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute 3 cups mashed, cooked fresh sweet potatoes for the canned sweet potatoes.
Place cereal in a resealable plastic bag, then use a rolling pin to crush the cereal.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS