All-in-one Shrimp Skewers With Grilled Rice
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 45 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 24 Jumbo Shrimp (1 Pound), Cleaned
- 1/2 cup KRAFT FREE Italian Fat Free Dressing, Divided
- 1-1/2 cups Instant White Rice, Uncooked
- 1 medium each Zucchini And Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Green Onion, Thinly Sliced
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, soak 4 wooden skewers in water. Toss shrimp with 1/4 cup of the dressing. Let stand 10 min. to marinate. Drain; discard marinade. Place shrimp evenly on skewers.
LAYER 3 (14-inch) squares of foil. Fold foil in half. Double fold the 2 opposite sides to make a pouch. Place rice, zucchini and peppers in pouch. Gradually add chicken broth and remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Double fold foil at top of pouch to seal, leaving room for air to circulate inside pouch.
PLACE foil packet on grate of grill; cover grill with lid. Grill 10 to 15 min. or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, place skewers on grill. Grill 5 min. or until shrimp turn pink. Place rice mixture on serving platter; top with shrimp. Sprinkle with onions.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using instant brown rice.
If you don't have skewers, add the raw shrimp to the foil packet along with the remaining ingredients, then grill as directed.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS