Italian Garden Grill Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 22 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup Chopped Peeled Eggplant
- 1 cup Quartered Mushrooms
- 1 cup Sliced Yellow And Or Green Zucchini
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper Strips
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 package (10 ounce) Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 Italian Bread Rolls, Split
PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Place vegetables in large bowl. Add thyme and oil; toss to coat. Place in grilling basket or grill wok.
PLACE grilling basket on grate of grill. Add sausages to grill; cover with lid of grill. Cook 12 minutes or until sausages are heated through and vegetables are lightly browned and tender, turning the sausages and stirring the vegetables occasionally.
MIX vegetables and spaghetti sauce. Fill rolls with the vegetable mixture and sausages.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using baby portobello mushrooms or any color bell peppers.
Variation Omit the rolls. Cut up the sausages and serve spooned over the vegetable mixture.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS