Autumn Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
- Prep Time: 3 to 3-1/4 hours
- Serving Size: 8
- 1 Boneless Beef Chuck Pot Roast (Arm, Shoulder Or Blade) (Three & Half Pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 8 Small Red-skinned Potatoes, Halved
- 2 Large Carrots, Cut Into 2.5 Inches X 0.5 Inch Pieces
- 2 Large Parsnips, Cut Into 2.5 Inches X 0.5 Inch Pieces
- 1 Small Leek, Cut Into One & Half Inches Pieces
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch Dissolved In 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Each teaspoon Salt And Lemon Pepper
1. Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown pot roast.
2. Add 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours. Add vegetables; simmer, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender.
3. Remove pot roast and vegetables. Skim fat. Measure and return 2 cups cooking liquid to pot. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
4. Carve pot roast. Serve with vegetables and sauce.