Southwest Beef Pot Roast
- Prep Time: 3-1/4 to 4 hours
- Serving Size: 10
- 1 Beef Bottom Round Roast (3 To 4 Pounds)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 jar (16 oz Thick-and-chunky Salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) Black Beans, Drained
- 1-1/2 cups Frozen Corn
1. Press cumin onto beef roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown roast. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. 2. Add salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. 3. Remove roast. Skim fat. Add beans and corn to pot; simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with bean mixture.