Wine-braised Short Ribs
- Prep Time: 2-1/2 to 3 hours
- Serving Size: 6
- 2 pound Beef Chuck Short Ribs, Cut Into 3 Inches X 2 Inches Pieces
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Italian-seasoned Crushed Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 cup Dry Red Wine
- Cooked Soft Polenta Or Pasta, Optional
1. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef short ribs. Remove; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
2. Add onion to pot; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, wine and ribs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
3. Remove ribs. Skim fat from cooking liquid; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve ribs with sauce and polenta.