Grilled Pork Loin With Pineapple Salsa
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 10
- 1/2 of a Medium Fresh Pineapple, Finely Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Italian Dressing
- 2 envelopes SHAKE 'N BAKE Original Pork Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Ground Allspice
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Boneless Center-cut Pork Loin Roast (3 Pounds)
PREHEAT grill to high heat. Mix pineapple, red pepper, cilantro and dressing until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
COMBINE coating mix and seasonings in large plastic bag. Brush lime juice evenly onto meat. Place meat in bag with coating mixture; close bag and shake until meat is evenly coated. Remove meat from bag; place in disposable roasting pan, or on large piece of foil that has been poked in several places with holes. Press any remaining coating mixture onto meat.
TURN off one of the grill burners, then place meat on that side. Close lid of grill. Cook 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat is cooked through. (Pork is done when meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 160°F.) Serve with the pineapple mixture.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Cooking the meat in the preheated grill over the side without the burner on uses the indirect heat method. This ensures tender meat without burning the coating.
Don't have a plastic bag large enough to coat the pork roast? No problem. Just cover a large baking sheet with wax paper, then sprinkle with coating mix. Add the meat and roll in coating mix until evenly coated.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS