- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 package (14 ounce) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 package (1 and 1/4 ounces) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 min.
STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
BAKE 15 min. Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size-Wise Keep an eye on portion size when you enjoy this hearty meal.
Jazz It Up For extra crunch, prepare and bake as directed, topping with 1/2 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips along with the salsa and cheese.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS