Swiss Steak Piperade
- Prep Time: 2 to 2-1/4 hours
- Serving Size: 4
- 1-3/4 pounds Boneless Beef Shoulder Or Chuck Eye Or Bottom Round Steaks, Cut 0.75 Inch Thick
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 large Onion, Chopped
- 1 to 2 Jalapeño Peppers, Thinly Sliced
- 4 medium Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 3 cups Hot Cooked Pasta Or Rice
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef steaks.
2. Sprinkle steaks with thyme and salt and pepper; top with onion and jalapeño peppers. Add 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook in 325°F oven 45 minutes. Add tomatoes and bell peppers. Cook, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef is fork-tender.
3. Remove steaks. Cook and stir sauce over high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut steaks into serving-size pieces; add to sauce. Serve over pasta.