Quick & Easy Cornbread
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time 35 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 1 cup each: Cornmeal And Flour
- 1 tablespoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Corn Kernels
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Taco Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Buttermilk
PREHEAT oven to 400?F. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar in large bowl. Stir in corn, cheese and red pepper.
BEAT egg in small bowl. Add butter and buttermilk; stir into corn mixture just until combined. Pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup milk for buttermilk.
For different variations of the cornbread, try adding 2 Tbsp. Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits or toasted Planters Chopped Pecans
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS