Apple-pear Crumble Pie
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes (Total time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 10
- 3/4 cup Crushed NILLA Wafers (about 24 Wafers)
- 1/4 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
- 1 ready-to-use Refrigerated Pie Crust (Half Of 15 Ounces Package)
- 4 ounce (1/2 of 8 ounce pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 large Baking Apples, Peeled, Sliced
- 1 large Fresh Pear, Peeled, Sliced
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour, Divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix wafer crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well blended; set aside.
PLACE pie crust in greased 9-inch pie plate. Spread cream cheese carefully onto bottom of crust; sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Set aside. Combine fruit in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer in pie crust; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
BAKE 35 min. or until fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 25 min. if necessary to prevent crust from overbrowning. Cool on wire rack. Serve topped with the whipped topping. Store any leftover pie in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
You'll know it is a special occasion when the aroma from this special treat fills the house.
For a juicy pie, select baking apples such as Golden Delicious, McIntosh, or Granny Smith.
Jazz It Up
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS